Friday, June 27, 2008

1st Entry

This entry will be real short, as I am having problems accessing internet.

I had 2 days of travel to reach Uganda. Things are quite different here then other places I have been. Whenever I take a boda boda around to various locations I cant help but think back to my research about all the ways people are dying because of road traffic accidents. Anyway, that is a section for much greater expounding at a later time. So far Kenya Airlines lost all my luggage, so all I have is a large wad of cash, my laptop, and a spare change of cloths that anneliese made me pack. Thank you babe! I miss you ALOT btw, I think about you all the time.

Right now, I have found no acceptable means to reach e-mail, so this is all I have. Hopefully someone will read this blog and know I am alive. DOH. So far I am enjoying it alot, and will write more when I can. We are using this taxi driver Sam who seems nice enough, but is rather shifty at times. I have met my team of Winsaluslous, Sarah, Peter, Dr. Jackie and Dr. Kiwasa. When we brought all of the surgical equipment to the chief of surgery he was estatic and we enjoyed a nice conversation with him. He even tried to make several Dr.s carry our luggage around for us. WHAT hospitality, the chief even offered to make a bed at his house for us to stay at. (We are stillsearching for places to sleep at night, lol). Anyway, I love you all!

-Nolan-
Day 2: No Malaria

3 comments:

Glorysgirl said...

Wow I was super surprised that when I saw the Caldwells blog had been updated that it was Nolan writing! So glad to hear you have arrived safely and hope that your bags join you soon. Can't wait to hear about all of your adventures! Don't worry - we will keep Anneliese happy and full of Tuttimelon here.

- Ashley

Unknown said...

Hi my son! Oh, I'm so glad you are able to update us all with the BLOG. I miss you, not that I don't all the time but knowing you are on a different continent somehow makes the "missing" more profound. Gosh, I wonder if you'll ever see your luggage again. Good for you for listening to your wife and taking at least some spare clothing. I guess the next photo we'll see of you will show you wearing a sarong. (lol) You are in our prayers my love as well as your precious wife! We love you MORE!
Mama & Papa

Unknown said...

Hi Nolan,
I just read your blog. Thanks for keeping us posted. I'm over at Talent helping Chelsey with packing.
Hope you get your luggage back.
Can't wait to hear more about your adventures.
Love ya son.
Papa