Tuesday, June 17, 2008

sunbathing?

We heard last night that Nolan's sister is going to be able to have a much-needed surgery and the medication she needs. What an answer to prayer! We love you Chelsey!

I am counting down the days til Nolan leaves...8 to be exact. I took off work for the morning that he leaves so that I can have the last few hours with him and take him to el aeropuerto. Until then, I am packing my days with date nights, etc. so that I don't miss him too much when he leaves...though I'm so sure I can do anything about that :) He is ALMOST done with his project that he is working on getting published, and then he has to finish studying for his final on Monday, then finish up his Uganda prep. stuff, and then he is free! Hooray! So he is a little swamped at present, but has been making a lot of time for me...I'm so lucky :)

Now I am in the process of planning my summer. I have two weddings to go to in early July, a possible couple in August/October, and in between I have to plan weekends. I am taking a mini-summer break for my birthday and going up home with Milo the week before the Caldwells arrive so that I can get some sun and see friends and family. Should be exciting times! Last weekend when I was home someone told me I was "the whitest I have ever looked", and I found, to my dismay, that my Scottish-skinned mother is darker than I am right now. Waaaa! Needless to say, I will be laying in the sun more.

Once again, thanks Mom for reminding me that melanoma runs in our family.
~A

No comments: