Monday, July 7, 2008

Come on Over

I realize that my post is highly "skip-able", compared to Nolan's newscasts, but in case anyone is wondering what I may be up to, I thought I'd add a little note.

I'm back in the city at work again after a nice vacation up at my parents' house...I have gotten to see them, my in-laws, and others in my wonderful time off. I watched two of our good friends each get married recently, and heard the news that cousins are expecting another baby! I feel a bit like my life is at a plateau for now until the distant future when something new happens, whether it be a new location, job, school, new family, etc. I've realized that my life is pretty much set how it's going to be for the next several years at least, and so now my biggest challenge is to find some way to make it mean something. One thing I absolutely love about Nolan is that he challenges me to use my time to make a change and a difference. I am still deciding where I want to spend my free time, since I have a few volunteer opportunities available, and just need to make a decision. They are both big commitments, but a friend has advised me to just take that leap. So we'll see. Also I'm *in the process* of getting involved with the band at our church. Music is something I am super passionate about, and I picked up the guitar a couple weeks ago and realized I hadn't played or sung anywhere but the car and shower in maybe a year. Too long. So I am doing everything I can to get involved in that way, which is another reason why I am waiting a bit with the volunteering opps, since I have the feeling that the band is potentially a huge commitment. I'll have to wait and find out exactly how much time I will have to set aside for that.

Other than all that, I'm just keeping myself occupied with friends, family, and of course Milo until that day when I can drive to SFO again and pick up my long-lost husband from his adventures. Of course, I'm also spending hours on my new Wii (thanks, family!) practicing my tennis swing so that I can spank Nolan at tennis when he returns.
~A

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi little girl. We absolutely LOVED our stay with you the last few days. You are sooooo special and we are sooooo delighted to call you one of our own. Our son definelty hit the jackpot when he married you! At the moment we are enjoying the demolition derby at your parent's home. It will be some nie for you mom to have her kitchen back when it is done.

Take care of our "grand-cat" for us and give hime some extra strokes for us.
We love you.
Anna