Thursday, May 1, 2008

happenings in SF

I am no connoisseur of multi-cultural foods. I am not going to pretend I have tried everything, and can afford to be snobby about different types. BUT...Nolan took me to Tasty Curry for dinner the other night, and it was fabulous. I tried a place today for lunch, but you know after that Tasty Curry, it just wasn't that great. I'll be going back :)

We have 1.5 months until Nolan leaves for Africa, so my internal countdown has begun. I am trying to remember that that is still a long time, but it just all feels so serious. I mean, what if he is kidnapped by gorillas (the animal) or gets dengue fever or something serious? Maybe I worry too much, but it's hard to try and give him the space he needs to study (and stay sane!) when I just want to spend time with him. He, on the other hand, seems to forget he's leaving, other than the constant stream of work he's doing to prepare. He should be getting all his vaccinations and stuff soon too, I think, so maybe that will make it more real.

While we're updating on our home unit here, I guess I should re-mention that Milo's birthday is coming up. He's one lucky fellow, who knows what we'll get him! Maybe a toy? Maybe a bag of special food? Maybe some fancy litter? Hah.

I get the chance to go to an AIDS foundation dinner tonight. I'm going to start investigating service opps here in the city. Nolan always bugs me about doing more with my life, and I WANT to, but I just don't know how I want to invest my time--what I am that passionate about. However, all the bugging is finally sinking in, and I need to be proactive and seek out things to do, otherwise I'll never know how I can make my mark in this world. It's something I've been thinking a lot about, especially lately, and I have several ideas I want to test out, but yanno, we'll see what happens :)

~A

No comments: